In the week after closing, we've had:
-Ceiling fans installed in all 4 bedrooms and morning room
-2 garage door openers installed
-Water softener put in
-Battery back up sump pump installed
-Humidifier installed (incorrectly the first time...the HVAC company we used actually used duct tape to secure it to the furnace...and it fell off within 24 hours...but they fixed it correctly - with screws and sheet metal)
-Curtain rods and black out shades put up in kids rooms
-King bed delivered
-Fridge and washer/dryer delivered and installed
Also, the Ryan crew has done the final grading and put in the plant package (a week after closing). I'm glad that they did that so there is less they have to do in the spring.
We have been using paper blinds from home depot in the meantime - and they work great for a short-term solution. We are using Home Depot's installation service for blinds - installed later this week.
Here are some phone quality random pictures - including all the boring mechanical things we had installed this week - water softener, back up sump pump, dehumidifier. The bottom picture is the totally botched humidifier job (just...wow). The basement is empty right now, and the garage is half full of boxes. But we are on our way to being settled.